Store process changes in response to COVID-19
Based on evolving government guidance related to the spread and containment of the virus we are instituting the following procedure changes on 3-25-20 to continue to protect our staff and customers from infection.
- We are temporarily changing our hours to 9-5 Monday through Saturday. Any further changes will be reflected live on our website as well our phone message.
- We are continuing Brick and mortar sales. However, we are now utilizing our drive through bay for all supplies sales.
- Our show room will remain open to one customer at a time for Vacuum and Shampooer machine sales and demos only.
- Our repair and service departments remain open. Repairs can be dropped off and picked up at our drive through.
- We have modified our work process slightly to incorporate a four day in store machine isolation period for repairs prior to work being performed to prevent potential spread of the virus.
- We are not able to do on the spot belt install currently. However, that service is still free and available as a check in service.
- We are not able to do status checks on repairs currently. In compliance with the governors request we have cut staffing by 50%. Additionally, many parts are back ordered. Status checks take time away from other critical operations in store and frankly the answer is “I don’t know”. We will notify customers the moment their repairs are ready.
- Our courtesy loaner vacuum and shampooer rentals are suspended.
Use of HEPA vacuum bags to make face masks and supply constraints
Recently a study from the University of Cambridge(1) regarding the effectiveness of vacuum cleaner bag material as a substitute for DIY surgical masks has begun circulating the internet with increased visibility. In the last week we have seen a marked increase in our online sales of high filtration cloth HEPA vacuum bags.
We remain dedicated to continuing to aid our customers with their cleaning needs and are at the same time very concerned with the health and well being of our fellow Coloradans. In light of the recent shortages on other staples we are concerned that we may see a shortage of vacuum bags. A such we are limiting purchases of High filtration HEPA vacuum bags to one package per household. This limit does not apply to our commercial and business customer base who we will work with on a case by case basis. This also does not apply to low filtration paper vacuum bags which can not be used for masks.
We have reached out to the help Colorado now organization (covrn.com) which Governor Polis announced yesterday to see if they would like us to dedicate some of our current stock to their efforts to manufacture masks locally. Depending on their needs we may choose to ration our stock further.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support during this time.
We continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation as it unfolds. As always our priorities remain the health and well being of our employees and customers and our passion for serving our customers.
At this time we are maintaining our regular business hours. After thorough review of the CDC recommendations we believe that we can continue to operate in a safe and effective manner at this time. We believe that since we are in the cleaning sector it is important for us to keep our services available to our customers during this situation.
- For customers who are not comfortable entering the store we offer curb side service for both purchases and repair pickups and drop offs.
- Overnight shipping within Colorado remains free. We have also cut our nationwide shipping rates in half during the outbreak and continue to offer free shipping on order $100 and over. You may pay online with any major credit card, paypal or your Amazon account.
- We have increased our in store disinfectant wipe down from twice daily to every two hours.
- Our paid leave policy has always supported our encouragement to staff to stay home if they feel ill. At this time none of our staff have fallen ill. If and when that happens we have policies in place to assist them in staying isolated during that time.
- Our complimentary coffee bar is suspended but we will continue to offer bottled water on request.